Vignettes are popular right now, a group of items that create a focal point in a room. Some Vignettes can be functional such as a coffee bar area in your kitchen or a desk area with an attractive functional display. Other Vignettes can be used for display of cherished items or to increase room ambiance.
Here are a few tips for you when creating vignettes:
- Pick a good spot in your room that is easily seen from different areas in the space
- Start with a light source, such as a pretty lamp
- Choose objects that support the main decor/style theme in your room, such as rustic, coastal, farmhouse, traditional , industrial, Bohemian, etc.
- Pick an anchor item that will be the center of interest. Vintage items are great anchor items and conversation starters.
- When grouping items make sure they are relatable by color, theme, or shapes etc.
- Consider adding an element of nature such as greenery ,flowers, shells
- Vary the objects height
- Add a seasonal touch that you can have fun changing out through the year.
- Odd number groupings are best , group items in threes or fives
- Add personal items that are meaningful to you and your family. Think of hobbies, travels , different places you have lived, etc.